Friday, July 18, 2008

Woman Finds 8-Foot Snake in Her Washing Machine

Ok, I HATE snakes. Let me start with this. I've always had this fear that someday a snake will find its way up through our pipes or something and make its way into the house. (Maybe watching Snakes on a Plane didn't help with this fear).

Anyways, take a look at this article from the Associated Press which demonstrates that my fears aren't crazy. They could happen!

From the article:

A woman got the shock of her life when she found an 8-foot snake mixed in with clothes in her washing machine. The snake, identified as a reticulated python, somehow got into the water pipes of Mara Ranger's 1800s-era farmhouse and slithered into the machine.

Once out of the machine, the angry snake wrapped itself around Burton's hand, cutting off the blood flow. Burton then wrestled the scaly reptile into a plastic bag, tied it shut and brought it to Lewiston.


Ok, I guess Maine is out of my future vacation plans.

No comments: