Saturday, July 5, 2008

Country Inn & Suites: You Have Disappointed Me

The Country Inn & Suites: Portland, Oregon (Portland Airport Location).

My friends, you have disappointed me! For the first three nights, you were one of the best hotels I have stayed at in years. Great service, great food and great rooms. The pool was wonderful and the hot tub was perfect.

Then came Thursday, July 3.

Now the fact that the power went out was not the biggest problem. The problem was that there was no plan in place for guests. No backup generator, no flashlights and no help.

Sure, we were able to get a hold of a flashlight at about 11:30 p.m. But by this time, the kids were scared of the dark and restless. There was no light or TV to help get the kids to bed and when the power finally came on at around 2:20 a.m., it was too late.

This followed up by an early morning fire alarm at just before 8 a.m. I can say that it would have been nice for the kids to have been able to sleep in. I know that neither of these are necessarily the fault of the hotel, but it is the way that it was handled which upsets me the most.

When I asked for a discount off of my bill upon check out yesterday morning, there was not even a hint of compassion from the staff. All I was asking for was a little money back for the issues that I had to deal with. I didn't want my entire stay comp'd. This would be inappropriate and wrong. But please, correct the misfortune which I had to deal with during the 12 hours which are what I will remember from my stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Portland Airport.

No comments: